CALL FOR CONTRIBUTIONS
NordiCloud: Nordic Symposium on Cloud Computing and Internet
August 20 – 21, 2012, Helsinki, Finland, Co-located with
WICSA/ECSA 2012 (http://www.wicsa.net)
- Contributions due: June 18, 2012
- Notification of acceptance: June 29, 2012
- Camera-ready paper due: July 9, 2012
- Symposium: August 20-21, 2012
Cloud Computing has emerged as a popular computing paradigm, which
promises to be a major driver of business innovation by exploiting the
technological advances of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform
as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Like in other
parts of the World, many companies from Nordic and Baltic regions have
started using Cloud-enabled infrastructure and services and dozens of
others are considering entering in this foray. An increasing number of
companies from Nordic/Baltic regions have also started offering or
making plans for offering different types of cloud computing services
and products. Given the increasing popularity and importance of cloud
computing in the Nordic/Baltic regions, several R&D projects and
educational programs have been initiatved with the involvement of
several dozens of academic and corporate researchers who have been
collaborating locally and internationally to provide the much needed
knoweldge, understanding, and skills on the technical and
socio-technical aspects of cloud-based technologies and cutting edge
solutions to the associated challenges.
The Nordic Symposium on Cloud Computing & Internet Technologies
(NordiCloud) has been found with the main goal of providing an
industrial and scientific forum for enhancing collaboration between
industry and acadmic communities from Nordic and Baltic countries in
the area of Cloud Computing and Internet Technologies. This forum also
aims to provide a bridge between the cloud computing researchers and
practitioners from Nordic/Baltic countries and Cloud computing
communicaties in other parts of the World. The target audience of the
symposium are researchers and practitioners who are working on Cloud
Computing or emerging areas of the Internet Technologies. This forum
will provide the participants with an opportunity to build synergies
for leveraging existing and/or building new competencies for
exploiting the Cloud Computing and the Internet Technologies for the
benefits of organizations and societies in the World in general and in
the Nordic/Baltic regions in particular. This forum will also enable
the participants to exchange knowledge and experiences and discuss
future trends for Cloud Computing and Internet Technologies.
The symposium seeks several kinds of contributions:
- Peer-reviewed research and experience papers (full research
papers, position papers, poster papers)
- Industrial presenations on challegesn, experiences, and lessons
learned from evaluating, adopting and maintaining cloud-based
infrastructures and services
- Project progress presentations (National and EU projects)
- Panel discussions
- Consortium building presentations and initiatives
The symposium will seek contributions on any topic related to cloud
computing & Internet Technologies. Example topics can be:
- Service and deployment models of Cloud computing
- Design and evaluation of systems for cloud-based technologies
- Service-oriented architectures
- Monitoring and adaptation challegnes and solutions
- Software development paradigms for cloud computing
- Evaluation approaches for cloud providers and cloud-based systems
- Energy efficiency of cloud based system and data centres
- Economic and business perspectives on cloud computing
- Socio-technical issues
- Internet-of-Things (IoT) for smart offices and homes
- cloud computing and Internet technologies for social computing
- Privacy and security issues and solutions
- Training and education programs for cloud computing
- Programming paradigms for cloud computing
- Cloud computing for supporting software development paradigms and
Paper Submission to the peer-reviewed track:
NordiCloud seeks three types of papers for the peer-reviewed track:
Full research papers and industrial experience reports (6-8 pages).
Position papers (4-5 pages).
Poster papers (1-2 pages).
For the requirements of each kind of papers, please visit the
symposium website (http://www.nordicloud.net)
All submitted papers will undergo a rigorous peer review process.
Papers will be selected based on originality, quality, soundness and
relevance. All contributions must be original, not published, accepted
or submitted for publication elsewhere. All accepted papers will
appear in the second volume of the WICSA/ECSA 2012 conference proceedings.
Submissions must be done using the EASYCHAIR system that will be made
avaiable from the symposium website. All types of papers must conform
to the ACM SIGS proceedings format and guidelines.
For all other types of contributions, please check the symposium
M. Ali Babar, IT University of Copenhagen, Denmark.
Åke Edlund, KTH/CSC/PDC, Sweden.
Tommi Mikkonen, Technical University of Tempere, Finland.
Parastoo Mohagheghi, Norwegian University of Technology and Science, Norway.
Symposium Coordination Chair
Sébastien Mosser, SINTEF, Norway.
Peep Küngas, University of TarTu, Estonia, Publication Chair